CONSTITUTION AND BYE-LAWS
ROYAL ARK MARINERS
RED GROSS KNIGHTS
ON THE ROLL OF THE
SUPREME GRAND ROYAL ARCH CHAPTER
175-9 KBNT KD., GLASGOW, C.3.
- These bodies shall be known as the “Caledonian of Unity” Lodge of Royal Ark Mariners and Council of Knights of the Captivity embracing the three points:—Knights of the Sword, Knights of the East, and Knights of the East and West, and the installed Chairs of N. and E.C. conforming in each degree to the ceremony sanctioned by the Supreme Grand Royal Arch Chapter of Scotland.
- The Office-Bearers of the Royal Ark Mariners Lodge shall be Noah (Master), Japhet (Senior Warden), Shem (Junior Warden), Recorder, Treasurer, Conductor, Inner Guard, Steward and Outer Guard.
- The Office-Bearers of the Knights of Captivity shall be Chief and President, Senior General, Junior General, Chancellor, Treasurer, Conductor, Captain of the Guard, Lieutenant of the Guard, and Sentinel. Other office-bearers may be elected if desired.
- That the sum of £3 3s. Od. may be granted annually towards dais expenses.
- The Recorder and Chancellor shall receive the sum of £2 2s. Od. for his services, and the Treasurer may receive an honorarium, should the Lodge and Council so agree.
The Outer Guard shall attend all meetings, and shall receive the sum of £1 Is. Od. per annum for his services
The whole property and funds of the Lodge and Council shall be vested in the three Principal Office-Bearers of the respective bodies, together with the Recorder and Treasurer, as Trustees. Cheques to be signed by two Trustees
The Regular Meetings shall be four annually, viz: —on the third Wednesday of January, March, September and November, at 7.30 p.m. or at such other hour as the N. and M.E.C., in his discretion, may appoint for the better performance of the business. Emergency or Special Meetings may be called by command by the N. or M.E.C. or by a requisition signed by seven or more members. Only the business stated on the notice calling the meetings shall be transacted. No meeting shall be deemed legal unless at least three Royal Ark Mariners or seven Knights of the Captivity be present, respectively
Nomination, Election and Installation of Office-Bearers.
The nomination, election and installation of Office-Bearers shall take place at the September meeting. Every companion nominated for office must be a clear member, proposed and seconded by members in good standing, and no companion shall be nominated in absence unless his written consent has been obtained. Should more than one be nominated for any office, a vote by ballot shall be taken
- All candidates must be registered in the Supreme Grand Royal Arch Chapter of Scotland books.
- Candidates shall be duly proposed, seconded and balloted for, in open meeting. Three black balls shall exclude.
- Every duly qualified member shall pay the sum of five shillings annually towards the Funds of the Lodge and Council, and no member shall be entitled to receive notices of the meetings, or be eligible for office until such contribution be paid.
- Any clear member may, by a single payment of £1 Is. Od., become a life test member of the Lodge and Council and shall thereafter be exempt from payment of annual subscription.
Each candidate, when approved, and previous to receiving either degree, shall pay the sum of £3 3s. Od. for which he shall be admitted to the degrees of Royal Ark Mariners and Knights of Captivity. For these payments, he shall receive Supreme Chapter Diplomas
Any member of a Sister Lodge and Council, who has already been registered in the Books of Supreme Grand Royal Arch Chapter of Scotland, may be affiliated to this Lodge and Council on payment of £\ Is. Od. He must be duly proposed and seconded and approved by ballot
Members of a Lodge and Council, distinguished for their zeal in Masonry, may be admitted Honorary Members on being duly proposed by the N. and M.E.C
A fund shall be inaugurated for the provision and upkeep of regalia and paraphernalia of the Lodge and Council.
Collections and donations may be taken for this purpose and retained by the Treasurer in a special account.
Two members (not office-bearers) shall be appointed Auditors each year. They shall audit the Treasurer’s books and accounts as at 24th August, and submit their report and, at the annual meeting in September, a copy of the balance sheet shall be issued to every clear member.
Any point that may arise not herein specially provided foi shall be decided by the Laws of the Supreme Grand Royal Arch Chapter of Scotland. No alteration of, or addition to, the foregoing Bye-Laws shall be competent unless notice of such motion has been tabled at a previous meeting, sanctioned by members and confirmed by Provincial Royal Arch Chapter of Glasgow and Supreme Grand Royal Arch Chapter of Scotland
Approved at the Half Yearly Convocation of the Provincial Grand Royal Arch Chapter of Glasgow 5th January 1967
MALCOLM L. BOSTOCK
Prov. Grand Scribe E
The foregoing Bye-Laws sanctioned and approved at the Quarterly Convocation ofSupreme Grand Royal Arch Chapter
Grand Scribe E